Managing Myopia for Practice Staff
Managing Myopia for Practice Staff is designed to help you successfully integrate myopia management into the practice.
Managing Myopia for Practice Staff provides critical guidance in areas such as why myopia management is important, different management strategies, appointments, communication and marketing.
The course is made up of six modules, which range from 30 to 60 minutes in length (4 to 6 hours total). Each module consists of interactive content, questions, videos and polls.
On successful completion of the course, you will able to:
- Communicate the risks of myopia and the need to slow progression with children & parents
- Describe the available strategies to slow myopia progression
- Outline the clinical, visits and appointment structure appropriate for myopia management
- Answer common parental questions about myopia management
- Support marketing campaigns for myopia management in the practice
The course includes:
- Engaging, self-paced independent learning
- Course summary notes
- Certificate on completion
You can start the course any time that suits you and then complete all course content during the six weeks after enrollment. Please be aware the course will close after this.
Here is the course outline:
Learn about how the course works, ensure you are best placed for success and review the pre-module for a refresher or if you are new to eye care.
Why manage myopia?
We look at what myopia is and why it's important to try to manage myopia onset and progression.
We review the options available to slow the progression of myopia.
We will look at the visits and testing required for a myopia management patient.
We'll help you tailor your communication for different myopia management patients.
We'll discuss in-practice marketing and digital marketing strategies which benefit both your patients and the practice.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Managing Myopia for Practice Staff certificate|