The Business of Myopia delivers the business knowledge and skills to help you grow your business through myopia management.
The Business of Myopia presents the business case for myopia management and provides critical guidance in areas such as business processes, marketing, communications and education.
The course is made up of 5 modules, which range from 30 to 100 minutes in length (6 hours total). Each module consists of interactive content, questions, videos and polls.
On successful completion of the course, you will able to:
- Explain the potential business benefits of introducing myopia management.
- Identify the services, products, staff training and pricing systems required to run a successful myopia management business.
- Create a marketing strategy to grow your myopia management business.
- Use appropriate patient messaging and materials for myopia management communication and education.
- Monitor and improve your myopia management practice using appropriate resources.
The course includes:
- Self-paced independent learning
- Online discussion forums, with support from global leaders when you need it
- Course handouts – yours to adapt for use in your practice
- Course summary notes
- Certificate and digital badge on completion
You can start the course any time that suits you and then complete all course content during the six weeks after enrollment. Please be aware the course will close after this.
We are a trusted education provider and this course will be accredited for continuing education points (applications pending) with:
- COPE (US / Canada optometrists) (6 Practice Management (PM) CE hours - please check your state's policy on PM hours here)
- Optometry Australia (OA) (5.5 non-clinical CPD points)
- Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Board (ODOB), NZ (3.17 credits for optometrists)
- The General Optical Council (GOC) (UK) (1 CET point for optometrists)
Here is the course outline:
Learn about how the course works and ensure you are best placed for success.
Module 1: Introduction to the business of myopia
We'll review the potential business benefits of introducing myopia management, evaluate the practice and the local market, and set goals.
Module 2: Setting up the practice for myopia management
We'll identify the services, products, staff training and pricing systems required to run a successful myopia management business.
Module 3: Marketing for myopia management
We'll help you create a marketing strategy to grow your myopia management business.
Module 4: Communication and education in myopia management
We'll discuss how best to use appropriate patient messaging and materials for myopia management communication and education.
Module 5: Maintaining success in myopia management
We'll examine how to monitor and improve your myopia management practice using appropriate resources.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|The Business of Myopia certificate|