Course 2: Complex Cases
Complex Cases gives you strategies to feel confident with more complex myopia management cases.
The course is made up of four 1 or 2 hour modules (6 hours total), which consist of questions, videos and polls.
On successful completion of the course, you will further develop your myopia management skills:
- Justify the decision to perform myopia management in adults, young adults or young children.
- Diagnose and treat binocular vision abnormalities for a child with progressive myopia.
- Manage adverse outcomes, such as variable and poor vision in children using different treatment strategies (multifocal contact lenses, orthokeratology, low-dose atropine).
- Diagnose and manage the signs and symptoms of pathology associated with high myopia.
The course includes:
- Self-paced, engaging independent learning
- Online discussion forums, , with support from global leaders when you need it
- Course notes – yours to keep
- Certificate and digital badge on completion
You can start the course any time that suits you and then complete all course content during the six weeks after enrollment. Please be aware the course will close after this.
We are a trusted education provider and this course is accredited for continuing education points with:
- COPE (US / Canada optometrists) (6 CE hours)
- Optometry Australia (OA) (12 CPD points)
- Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Board (ODOB), NZ (4 credits for optometrists)
- The General Optical Council (GOC) (UK) (3 CET points for optometrists)
Here is the course outline:
Learn about how the course works and ensure you are best placed for success.
Module 1: Myopia progression at different ages
In this module we look at myopia progression at different ages.
Module 2: Binocular vision issues and myopia management
In this module we discuss binocular vision issues which act as complicating factors for myopia management strategies.
Module 3: Variable or poor vision with myopia management
In this module we discuss how to manage variable and poor vision with different management strategies.
Module 4: High myopia
In this module we will look at common conditions associated with high myopia.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Complex Cases Certificate|